Typical Flash Drive vs. Advanced USB ProtectionHundreds of millions of USB flash drives are currently in operation around the world, with the vast majority not offering proper USB protection. Most flash drives are basic, non-secure flash drives, while a growing percentage of the drives are able to properly protect USB contents. Let’s review the differences between the typical flash drive and the secure USB drive that offers advanced USB protection. Typical USB Flash Drive Standard USB flash drives have grown immensely popular due to the following:
- Small Size Due to their size, which is typically between 1 inch and 3 inches long, they can fit in laptop bags, pockets, and even on key rings.
- Ease of File Transfer People know that the files saved can be opened up wherever there are at the time, on anybody’s computer, with no difference what operating system or version is used.
- Affordability USB flash drives are so affordable that they are now often a give-away at tradeshows and can hold huge amounts of information.
- Due to the size, they fall out of pockets or are left in computers.
- Anybody that finds them can open them up on their computer.
- Typical USB flash drives are a dime a dozen. How many flash drives you have personally owned over the past 5 years? Now, think about where each of those are now located! More than likely you are missing quite a few…